Bundle up and experience an exciting winter adventure!
For the second year in a row, hardy northerners will cure their cabin fever at this winter Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park.
Free for everyone:
- Two miles of candlelit trails on the Hank Aaron State Trail - this event will take place with or without snow!
- Roaring campfires - we’ve added a new campfire along the trail this year!
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm:
- REI gourmet s'mores (while supplies last)
- This is your chance to get on a fat tire or e-bike! Wheel & Sprocket will have FREE fat tire bike and e-bike demos on site to try and test. All ages and abilities are welcome to stop by and check one out. See why fat tire cyclists have more fun all year round!
- 7-10pm: NEWaukee After Party at Third Space Brewing
Get extras with a “Fun Pass!":
- Hot chocolate and pastries at the Urban Ecology Center (while supplies last)! Bring your thermos to save on waste and to take your cocoa on your hike.
- Marshmallow roasting at the FOHAST Fireside Plaza
- Entry for great door prizes! Including $100 gift card from Wheel & Sprocket, $25 gift card to Twisted Fisherman, Rishi Tea prize pack, and REI prize pack (REI Flash 22 pack with a REI Nalgene bottle, REI Camp Mug, and REI Day Hiker First-Aid Kit)
- One free beer at the Third Space Brewing After Party (for those over 21)*
Fun Pass is $10 in advance and includes one adult and all kids under 12 attending with the adult
*= only available for fun passes purchased on or before February 2.
Dogs are welcome on the trails and in the campfire areas, they just must be on a leash shorter than 8 feet. We love furry friends!
Parking and Trail Map
About Your Hosts
These three organizations have partnered to bring many positive changes to Milwaukee, including Three Bridges Park which provides a connection between the Menomonee Valley and Silver City neighborhoods, an outdoor science classroom, environmental and public health, and neighborhood vitality.
This event is organized by three nonprofits and it wouldn’t be possible with the help and support from volunteers! We need volunteers to light up, clean up, and keep this event safe for all hikers! Not only will you be appreciated by hikers and our nonprofit staff, you’ll also get an Individual Fun Pass. For volunteer opportunities, click here.
Interested in sponsoring this event? Click here to learn more.